2021 Holiday Gift Guide
If the people on your holiday gift list EAT, then Big Plate has gift ideas they’ll LOVE! First, use our gift guide to get inspired. Next, come in the store or browse the website to mark as many gifts off your to-do list as possible. Then, let us put your gifts in our beautiful, festive red bags so they can go straight under your tree–no wrapping required. Finally, relax and enjoy the season because you are READY! At Big Plate, customer service is very important to us, so feel free to ask questions. For instance, if you don’t see what you’re looking for, just ask; we may be able to special order it for you!
Our Staff would love to help you find the perfect Christmas gifts for all your loved ones. Importantly, you can feel good about supporting a locally owned business when you shop with Big Plate. We have gifts for every budget, from the $2 stocking stuffers to the “you shouldn’t have” kind of surprises!
Holiday Gift Ideas Over $50
- Teakhaus Cutting Boards. We have these in a large variety of sizes, shapes, and prices. These boards are created for everyone who enjoys cooking, eating, and sharing food. They’re made of 100% sustainable wood from FSC(R) certified forests, so each board is truly eco friendly. Also, teakwood’s natural beauty combined with its high oil content and moisture resistance make it ideal material for a cutting board. These boards are beautiful, knife friendly, easy to maintain, and and long-lasting. Click here to watch a video explaining why America’s Test Kitchen named a Teakhaus cutting board the BEST.
- Cuisinart 14 Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set. The stainless steel set is induction-ready and suitable for all surfaces. The encapsulated base provides even heating and eliminates hotspots. In addition, these pans are dishwasher safe. Set includes: 1 Quart Saucepan with Cover, 2 Quart Saucepan with Cover, 3 Quart Saucepan with Cover, 3 Quart Sauté Pan with Cover and Helper Handle, 8 Quart Stockpot with Cover, 10″ Covered Skillet, 8″ Nonstick Skillet and 18cm Steamer Insert (fits 2 quart and 3 quart saucepans). Click here to watch a video about how to care for this cookware.
- Cuisinart Mixer. We carry this beautiful mixer in red, white, and silver. Delivering power, precision, and performance, these stand mixers feature a 500-watt motor, die-cast metal construction, and 12 speeds. Moreover, the unit’s tilt-back head allows for easy access to its 5.5-quart mixing bowl, while the included splash guard prevents messy countertops. Also included are a chef’s whisk, dough hook, and flat mixing paddle.
- 18 Quart Electric 1450 Watt Roaster. This roaster bakes, slow cooks, roasts, and more. It is ideal for office parties, family functions, and other social events. It comes with a removable steel rack. The cool-touch handle makes it safe to lift. In addition, the insert pot is removable, making it easier for you to clean. The full-range temperature control gives you full control over how you cook your food.
- Miyabi Knives. Exquisite Japanese craftsmanship merges with expert German engineering for the ultimate kitchen knives. The blades are constructed of micro-carbide powdered MC66 steel, which is ice-hardened to an impressive 66 on the Rockwell hardness scale. Therefor, they are exceptionally sharp and long-lasting edge that is highly corrosion resistant. The authentic, thin, Japanese profile blades are wrapped in 132 additional layers of steel, resulting in a gorgeous flower Damascus pattern. Sharpening is done using the traditional, three-step Honbazuke method. The handle of the Miyabi Black series is made from the prized Bigleaf maple and dyed a black ash color. If you’d like to hear from a couple of locals chefs talking about how they love Miyabi knives, click here or here.
- Mandoline. Big Plate carries a variety of mandolines with a wide range of prices. The hand guard provides consistent pressure for perfect slicing. All offer adjustable slicing thicknesses plus various cuts such as julienne, crinkle, and waffle. In conclusion, you can slice quickly, easily, and safely with a quality mandoline.
- Texas Waffle Maker. Your mouth will water as the smell of waffles fills the kitchen and the steam starts to rise from your Texas Waffle Maker. This premium waffle maker is made of durable stainless steel, boasts large non-stick grids, and has powerful 800 watt electric grill plates. The extra large non-stick grids will make a hearty waffle that would make Texans proud. Furthermore, to watch an independent review of the Texas Waffle Maker, click here.
- Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven. From weeknight dinners to soups and chili, this Enameled Dutch Oven is a must-have for every home cook. This vibrant Dutch oven has black matte enamel rims, its cooking surface is beige enamel, and the smooth glass surface won’t react to ingredients. Use it to broil, braise, bake, or roast in the oven up to 500° F. In addition you can sauté, simmer, or fry on any stovetop, as well as to marinate and refrigerate food.
- Zavor Multi Cooker. Named the Best Multicooker in the market by America’s Test Kitchen. The LUX® LCD functions as a Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, and Sous Vide. It is designed with an interactive and easy-to-use digital LCD screen that features 10 cooking functions including Dessert, Eggs, and Grains, plus more than 30 programmable settings for an amazing one-pot cooking experience. Also, it comes with a stainless steel inner cooking pot. Full color cookbook with 70+ recipes. To watch a video displaying what this product can do, click here.
- Cuisinart Snow Cone Maker. This machine creates icy, sweet, delicious treats in seconds! Use it to make snow cones, slushies, frozen lemonades, and even adult party drinks. It’s fast and effortless to operate: just add ice cubes, and it quickly shaves enough ice for 4-5 cones in under a minute. Top off the ice with simple syrup, juice, or adult drink mixers for cool, refreshing fun! It makes a fun surprise for the family and a big hit at parties! To watch a video on how to use this product, click here.
- Cuisinart Air Fryer/Toaster Oven. This unique kitchen workhorse is actually a premium, full-size toaster oven with a built-in airfryer. That means it not only bakes, broils, and toasts, it also lets you airfry right inside the oven. Enjoy the crunch without the calories and messy cleanup with the AirFryer Toaster Oven! 7 Functions: AirFry, Convection Bake, Convection Broil, Bake, Broil, Warm, Toast. Whisper Quiet Operation. To watch a demo of this product, click here.
- GEFU Meat Grinder. Sweet or savory – the meat mincer comes with practical accessories for home cooking. Its sophisticated construction guarantees easy meat and vegetable grinding, and spritz biscuits will also come out in perfect shape! Two grinding plates-coarse and fine. Sausage stuffer. Spritz cookie attachment with 5 decorative discs. To watch a demo of this product, click here.
Holiday Gift Ideas Less Than $50
- Jacobsen Flavor Infused Salts. Want a quick, easy, and affordable way to make your meals soar? Then use flavor-infused salt! It easily adds flavor, color, and texture to almost anything you cook, both sweet and savory dishes. Big Plate is proud to carry a variety of flavors from Jacobsen Salt Co. To learn more about Jacobsen’s Flavor Infused Salts, check out our blog post on the subject! In addition, you can check out a video about how Jacobsen harvests their salt by clicking here.
- GEFU Extra Large Spiral Slicer. This spiral slicer transforms even thicker vegetables such as radishes, beetroots, or potatoes into appetizing, extra-wide, endless julienned spirals. To watch a demo of this product, click here.
- Knife Magnet Bar. Forget using traditional knife blocks and try a magnetic knife holder instead! It’s a more sanitary solution than a sheath or knife block with tiny crevices that are hard to clean and can harbor harmful bacteria. For more information about proper knife storage and care, check out our blog post titled How to Care for Your Kitchen Knives.
- Fat Daddios Baking Set. Enjoy all of the baking benefits of Fat Daddio’s bakeware in this professional set. The cookie sheet features a true 14 x 17 inch backing surface with a 1.5 inch curved edge for easy handling. Next, the silicone mat is easy-to-clean-simply wipe down using hot water and dish soap, shake off excess water and hang or lay flat on an even surface to dry. Next, lay flat or roll to store. The cooling rack features a solid stainless steel crosswire design ideal for cooling, baking and roasting. To watch a video explaining why anodized aluminum is superior, click here.
- Chop Stir. ChopStir™ separates meat for thorough cooking, better texture, and faster meals! Most importantly, it’s dishwasher safe and safe on nonstick cookware; 10 1/4″ long. To watch our video about this product, click here.
- Big Plate Gift Card. Big Plate sells gift cards in any amount, so come in the store and grab one for everyone on your list!
- Magnetic Double Sided Measuring Spoons. Our Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons magnetically nest while stored, and they feature distinctive dual ends. The rounded ends measure liquids, while the opposite ends feature straight edges for scooping and leveling off dry ingredients. These stainless steel spoons are long enough to reach into tall bags and spice jars.
- GEFU Pizza Scissors. Cut pizza, quiche, etc. neatly using these pizza scissors! 2-in-1 function: cut pizza using the scissors, and serve the cut piece using the spatula. This tool comes apart for easy cleaning.
- Pasta Machine. Make fresh and delicious homemade pasta with this professional-grade pasta machine. Makes 3 types of pasta: Fettuccine, Linguine, & Lasagna. Adjusts to 7 thicknesses. Just clamp to your countertop for convenient use. To watch a demo of this product, click here.
- Microplane Zester. This tool grates citrus for perfect lemon, lime, and orange zests. It can also create pillowy mounds of parmesan cheese. In addition, it is a great tool for grating spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, and even chilies into fresh ground powders. Furthermore, if your dish requires fresh grated ginger or garlic, this tool will do that job as well. To watch our video that includes a tip for using your microplane zester, click here.
- Tovolo Knives. Precision cuts at affordable prices! High-carbon stainless steel. Knife stores safely in protective blade cover. Dishwasher safe. Food Safe. BPA Free. In conclusion, a great product at a great price.
- Fry Cutter/Fruit Wedger. Fry up French fries restaurant style, without going out. Includes two stainless steel cutters with 36 and 64 holes and an eight segment fruit wedger. Efficiently slice uniformly thick or thin french fries with one simple move. In addition, the fruit wedger easily cores and slices uniform sections.
Stocking Stuffer Ideas Less Than $5
- Pastry Brush. This brush is excellent for brushing butter over croissants and egg wash onto pie crust. Also, its boar-hair bristles are water resistant and have been bleached for sanitation. A hole in the end of the handle can be used to hang the pastry brush for storage, and a hook on its side prevents the brush from falling into pots.
- Mini Measuring Spoons. This 5 piece stainless steel measuring spoon set is fun, yet useful. Handles are imprinted with measurements. Keep your measures consistent, and remove the mystery of what exactly is a tad, dash, pinch, smidgen, and drop! Ideal for measuring small amounts! Narrow spoons fit in just about any container or spice jar. Ring holds spoons together for easy storage. Finally, it is dishwasher safe.
- Mini Scissors. These tiny scissors are ideal for cutting small things. They’re small enough to keep in your purse. This stylish mini scissor could also be used with arts and crafts projects and for other small cutting jobs around the kitchen. In conclusion, you should keep them on-hand for when you need to open a package, open mail, or even groom plants.
- Stainless Steel Sauce Cups. Keep these handy for spices, butter, condiments, sauces, and containing other small items and ingredients in the kitchen and all over the house! They come in a set of 4 and are dishwasher safe.
- Silicone Jar Opener. Red silicone mat provides a non-slip, flexible, strong, and secure grip for opening jars. Mat is high heat resistant to 465 degrees, so it’s excellent as a trivet, as well. Dishwasher safe.
- Handy Clips. Strong, non-slip, ribbed teeth grip bags securely and keep them closed for freshness. Also, a heavy duty magnet holds notes on metal surfaces for quick organization. Designed for right and left hand use.
- Rolling Pin Card Holder. Constructed of durable rubberwood with red painted handles. Holds your recipe card upright for easy reading. Looks and feels like a real wooden rolling pin. Charming decoration when not using.
- Mini Spatula. This mini silicone spatula is heat-resistant and great for scraping, mixing, and flipping in hot pans, pots, and baking dishes. Dishwasher safe.
- Ultimate Bundt Pan Cleaning Tool. This 3-in-1 tool includes an angled brush, a flat scraper, and a pointed pick for cleaning hard to reach spots on intricately detailed pans.
- Pot Watcher Boil Alert. Monitor what is on your stove without watching it! Simply place the pot watcher into any pot of boiling water, and it will make noise when the water begins to boil.
- Coffee Scoop. Stainless steel with a satin finish. Scoop is 6″ long for reaching into bag of coffee. Measures 1 tablespoon.
- Mini Pitcher. Stainless steel 2oz pitcher. Perfect for pouring creams, juices, syrup, melted butter, sauces, water, etc.
Come Shop for Christmas Gifts at Big Plate
You’ve got a big to-do list this time of year. Therefore, we are here to help you. Whether you want to come in and browse, receive a curbside pickup, or order online, Big Plate is here to make your holiday shopping easier. The earlier you come see us, the more we can do for you, so don’t wait! Our festive atmosphere, friendly customer service representatives, and fair prices will fill you with Holiday Cheer. Everybody on your shopping list enjoys food, therefore we are an excellent source for gifts! Plus, we even have ideas to delight those who don’t cook at home. For instance, we have products for storing food, microwaving food, and serving food. Our whole team LOVES FOOD, therefore we’re very invested in our list of gift ideas. In conclusion, you just can’t go wrong when you shop at Big Plate, so hurry in today.